Mellor Building – Projects
About Mellor Building
The Mellor building, originally built in the 1950’s, is home to the university’s Faculty of Science. The project comprises the phased refurbishment of the entire building. The project is one of a masterplan for estates renewal, intended to attract more students in an increasingly competitive environment.
Phase 1, was the total refurbishment of the second floor, comprising the design, layout and refurbishment of teaching spaces and offices. Phase 2 is larger and more complex, relocating the Engineering faculty from a different campus. This phase includes the creation of a new entrance and exhibition space at ground floor; a new revolving door; two ‘glass-box’ meeting rooms; feature wall prints and polished-concrete effect floors. Phase 2 also incorporates the refurbishment of the ground to fourth floors for teaching spaces and staff offices.